I like to call this stage of every preseason, the Brown's "Normal Vincent Peale" stage. Every pre season right before cut down, the Browns try to bluff the rest of the NFL about the odd man odd in their QB room in hopes that some other NFL GM bites. Two years in a row the result was Tyler Huntley getting cut and picked up by the Ravens.
There is no doubt come end of day Sunday, the Browns will have 4 QB's on their 53 man roster. But will NFL General Managers panic and give up a draft pick for Gabriel. Seriously? The problem with Gabriel that most NFL exec's understand is that even if he were 6' 5" tall, his arm isn't good enough for the NFL.
It is a dangerous game because our second opponent Tampa just cut their veteran second string QB Jake Browning and now have rookie UDFA Jalon Daniels as their backup. I cannot imagine the Bucs giving up anything for Gabriel, but I could well imagine the Bucs jumping on Gabriel when the Browns are forced to cut him.
Will the Browns find a suitor for Gabriel who is willing to part with a 6th or 7th round draft pick???
I doubt it.... but if and when they finally cut Gabriel a few days later, somebody like Tampa will pick him up if for no other reason than to download a few insights into the Browns playbook...

No comments:
Post a Comment