Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Brown's history: Jerry Sherk



I didn't have the honor of following the Browns during the dynasty years of Paul Brown so I have to exclude many incredible players when asked my opinion on who was the greatest Brown's player I have ever seen. From the highlight films, it's clear that Jim Brown was probably the greatest player in NFL history, not just Cleveland Browns history, but I only witnessed Mr. Brown winning the war in Europe together with Trini Lopez and Charles Bronson.

For me, amongst those I have seen nobody topped Jerry Sherk. Even if I was a teenage kid, who knew little about football, Sherk was simply so good that it was impossible not to watch him. Cat like quickness and instincts, and a natural nose for the ball, he was always in the middle of the action in spite of constant double and triple teaming by opponents.

1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks! Good to be someone's favorite!

    And, I dream of a Brown's Super Bowl some day, too!

    ReplyDelete